Sunday, June 26, 2016

Spirits Around Us

I've always been a firm believer that the spirits of relatives who have passed are around us constantly. I've had several encounters with my dad and grandparents in the 18 years since my Grammy and 16 years since my dad and Poppy passed. From feeling them to seeing white marks in pictures, all along the journey of life, I've encountered them. 

Last night, they clearly wanted their presence known. Mom, Charlotte and I went to a family reunion for my Grammy's side of the family. I tell mom we need our pictures taken because we're rarely all dressed with hair and makeup on at once. We're on the porch with mom's brothers and Grammy's brother, and my uncle snaps a bunch of pictures of the three of us. Nothing crazy, just an iPhone camera, no editing, just a bunch of about 15 pics. I get the phone and start looking at them. 

I'm not kidding when I say EVERY single picture we're covered in these white marks all around our faces and arms. 15 photos with changing from the three of us, to mom and me, to Charlotte and me. All of them. I get goosebumps looking at these. You can say it's the lighting or whatever, but as a believer who has had this happen to photos all these years, I know without a shadow of a doubt, my family surrounded the three of us. If they can't be here physically, they're here with their presence. ❤️ 
Here's one of the pictures with no editing: 

No comments:

Post a Comment